Day 1 - Vancouver, British Columbia
Arrive in Vancouver for the start of your rail adventure to the Canadian Rockies. Your admission to the Vancouver Lookout is included in your package, where you can get a 360-degree view of one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Day 2 - Vancouver
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Vancouver’s spectacular North Shore with breathtaking views of the city, ocean, and surrounding mountains. Highlights include the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the Grouse Mountain Skyride.
Day 3 - Rocky Mountaineer Goldleaf service - Vancouver to Kamloops
Transfer to the train station via private motorcoach, where you’ll board the Rocky Mountaineer. Travel from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia’s interior. You will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC Interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Breakfast and lunch are included onboard. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops. Spend the evening exploring the city of Kamloops or relaxing in your hotel room. (B/L)
Day 4 - Rocky Mountaineer Goldleaf service - Kamloops to Jasper
Your rail journey continues north and east to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the wide-open spaces of Alberta. Once again, you will be surrounded by dramatic scenery as you follow the banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo mountains, climbing ever nearer to the high peaks of the Continental Divide. Highlights include Mount Robson, which is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, Pyramid Falls, and the climb over the Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park. (B/L)
Day 5 - Jasper National Park
Welcome to Jasper! Start with a half-day sightseeing tour of Banff, via motorcoach, where you’ll encounter scenic views of Pyramid Lake, Patricia Lake, Maligne Canyon, and the Athabasca viewpoint. The remainder of the day is free to explore more of Jasper National Park independently.
Day 6 - Jasper to Banff
Travel to Banff via one of the most scenic highways in the world, the Icefields Parkway. Along the way are Bow Lake, the Columbia Icefield, Glacier Skywalk and Athabasca Falls. The Columbia Icefield is one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle and one of the most accessible icefields in North America. Here, you will ride on a giant six-wheel drive “Ice Explorer” to the middle of the Athabasca Glacier to learn more about its geological features. Lunch is included at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. Experience the thrill of the glass-floored Glacier Skywalk extending 98 feet over Sunwapta Valley and offering spectacular views. Afterwards, a brief stop will be made at Lake Louise and Bow Lake before arriving in Banff. (L)
Day 7 - Banff to Calgary
Begin with a sightseeing tour of Banff. Among the points of interest are Bow Falls, Surprise Corner and the Hoodoos; the Banff Gondola is included. Continue to Kananaskis for the highlight of today’s adventure, a 12-minute panoramic helicopter tour over the remarkable landscape of the Rockies. Your tour ends on arrival in Calgary later in the day.
Day 8 - Depart Calgary
Journey home from Calgary having witnessed the splendor of the Canadian Rockies.
- Roundtrip air (subject to availability at time of booking) to Vancouver, returning from Calgary
- The identity of the transporting carrier(s), which may include one or more code-share partners, will be assigned and provided to you at a later date
- Baggage fees for flights may apply and are not included in the package price
- Roundtrip airport/hotel transfers
- Chartered transportation
- 7-night hotel accommodations
- Luggage handling, one bag per person
- 5 meals including 4 onboard train
- Sightseeing and admissions as stated in itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Services of a AAA Tour Manager
A nonrefundable deposit of $1,200.00 per person is due at the time of booking.
Hotels (subject to change):
Vancouver - Sheraton Wall Centre -2 nights
Kamloops - Hotel TBD-1 night
Jasper - Marmot Lodge-2 nights
Banff - Banff Caribou Lodge and Spa-1 night
Calgary - Fairmont Palliser Hotel - 1 night
- This tour requires a U.S. Passport book or Passport card valid six months beyond return date - Anyone with a criminal record, including misdemeanors or alcohol-related driving offenses, may not be able to enter Canada without first obtaining an approval for rehabilitation well in advance of any planned travel. To determine whether you may be inadmissible and how to overcome this finding, please refer to the CIC website. Entry into Canada is solely determined by Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officials in accordance with Canadian law. Please see the CBSA’s website for full details. AAA is not responsible for alternate transportation if a passenger is denied admission.
- This tour requires average physical activity. You should be in good health, able to climb stairs and walk reasonable distances, possibly over uneven grounds and cobblestone streets.
- On occasion, some activities may not be available due to inclement or uncooperative weather. While every effort is made to follow the planned itinerary, substitute activities may be necessary.
- Discounts and promotions are applicable to AAA members only
August 10, 2021
Cancellation Penalties: (in days, prior to departure):
Cancel 61 or more days prior to departure: deposit is nonrefundable
Cancel 46-60 days prior to departure: 50% of the fare is nonrefundable
Cancel 45 days or less prior to departure: 100% of the fare is nonrefundable
Please ask your Travel Agent about travel insurance to protect your investment.
AAA Rate - Per person rate prior to any discounts or promotions is based on double occupancy and is subject to air availability, current taxes, and fuel surcharges:
Airfare, taxes, surcharges, gratuities, transfers and excursions are additional unless otherwise indicated. Fuel surcharges, government taxes, other surcharges and deposit, payment and cancellation terms/conditions are subject to change without notice at any time. Rates quoted are per person, based on adult double occupancy unless otherwise stated. Cruise rates are capacity controlled. Rates, terms, conditions, availability and itinerary are subject to change without notice. Other airline restrictions, including, but not limited to baggage limitations and fees, standby policies and fees, non-refundable tickets and change fees with pre-flight notification deadlines may apply. Fees and policies vary among airlines without notice. Please contact the airline directly for details and answers to specific questions you may have. Certain restrictions may apply. AAA members must make advance reservations through AAA Travel to obtain Member Benefits and savings. Member Benefits may vary based on departure date. Unless otherwise stated, rate is accurate at time of printing and is subject to availability and change. Not responsible for errors or omissions. AAA East Central acts only as an agent for the various cruise and tour providers listed.
Make a reservation:
- Call us at 1-800-354-8761
- Visit your nearest branch office.
- Complete and submit the form below. Asterisk denotes mandatory field * (Names must be full legal names as found on passport if traveling outside of the U.S.)
Legal First Name: *
Phone No. (home): *
Phone No. (work): *
How do you prefer to be contacted?
Departure from: *
Zip Code: *
Total No. of Passengers: *
Please enter full legal names, First Name, Middle Initial and Last
Name of 1st Passenger
Name of 2nd Passenger
Name of 3rd Passenger
Name of 4th Passenger
Name of 5th Passenger
Please note number and ages of children (for extra discounts):
(opens in a new window)